Home Forums Online Course Technical Questions 2 Let It Bee, Inc.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Adrian Woods 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Adrian Woods
    Participant

“We are slaves to our words must master of our silences”.

https://www.valldaura.net/permaculture/people/

I would be surprised that your description fits what is on the staff list of the place on this web site. Maybe you are at a different place, but if it is the same one, then start hollering “I wanna speak to Richard Wade, and the ones among you who personally knew Emilia Hazelip and Masanobu Fukuoka!!!” (may the latter 2 both garden in peace in their rightly deserved place in the orchards of paradise).
    :-)
    Adrian

P.S. We are way off topic for this thread so I will add that Apicultural Associations are the way to find people to guide you through the minefield of regulations and to put you in touch with landowners willing to host your bees if your own patch is not well sited.

Adrian Woods
    Participant

Sorry, that was:
    “We are slaves to our words but master of our silences”.

Dawn
    Participant

Yes that is the place. It is a herat Web-site and the place is really beautiful. But the people owning it has no idea. There is enough electrical wiring in the house to run a small village – the have moisture sensors and light sensors and the works – but the solar panels are still not up (after 3 years and €5 mill) so they are running on town power. The toilets are regular WCs and the small flush runs more water than my ordinary toilet does on the big flush. They want to have 80 people there at a time to teach PDCs but now with 20 there (and only 8 staying 24×7 at the house), the septic tank is over flowing… And polluting the valle. The lovely kitchen garden you see is far away from the kitchen – not because they couldn’t fit it closer but because they won’t prioritize it. The kitchen lady simply just can’t be bothered to go fetch the food, so they have non-organic food delivered from a supermarket every day – again 3 years after starting they should be at least 80% self sufficient i veggies they are not. And OK of they were open to suggestions, that would be fine – everybody makes mistakes, but they are not. The main teacher on their permaculture masters has quit over these differences, the interns have been left pretty much on their own except a few workshops, and I don’t think any of the teachers there now on the PDC wants to come back…

Adrian Woods
    Participant

adrianpwoods (at) gmail.com

I would rather not be rude about the Spanish in public!
    ;-)
    A

Dawn
    Participant

The teachers are great – Alfred is up there with Rosemary teaching the course. It is the place that isn’t permaculture – I bet half the people listed on this site is no longer associated to it…

Dawn
    Participant

Sorry we high jacked you thread April :-)

April
    Participant

It is ok………

Adrian Woods
    Participant

Peace offering lest you tell us to “buzz off”!

https://elpolvorin.over-blog.es/article-uruguay-una-planta-trepadora-indigena-con-gran-potencial-apicola-isipo-timbo-serjania-meridionalis-70712229.html

Which I summarise as follows: South American bee-boards humming with news of a vine from Uruguay and Brazil that bees just love: Serjania meridionalis. It takes a couple of years to get going, but the writer says once they flowered on his walls, the bees spent a whole month there.

Forage calendars great to plant a wider range of flowers and draw out the season. Round here the poppies are finished and it is lavender time.

jim
    Participant

hi Dawn, i am in California and just last Sunday went to a bee meeting with a group called backward bees
    i suggest you Just do it!! Get a hive and put it on a roof or in a corner where it wont be noticed easily.
    Look up the history of modern bee keeping and take note of the 3/8th inch rule that is the size bee use for passages. (3/8″ times 25.4 =9.5 mm) What i am suggesting is making your own hive containers that do not look like conventional commercial bee hives. i am actually working on a hive built into a bee keepers suit. But that is another idea .

jim

https://www.backwardsbeekeepers.com/

Adrian Woods
    Participant

Palace for Bees at El Capricho Park, down the road from my house in Madrid.

Sadly, the bees have been evicted for not making enough honey to pay the mortgage!

https://mieladictos.com/2012/03/06/el-abejero-del-parque-del-capricho-en-madrid-2%C2%B4/

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.